Rotary Yelahanka, Rotary Rajarajeshwari Centennial, Rotary Platinum city, and Rotary Bangalore Abilities jointly conducted the CLAP program for 12 weeks between August and October.
The goal of this online initiative was to inform, educate, and empower school and college-going, specially-abled students in adapting to the new reality. Workshops in CLAP, which stood for: Communication, Learning, Abilities, and Personal growth, gave the students the skills and knowledge to transition from the campus to their chosen career. The sessions are being conducted on Zoom. On successful completion, students also received a certificate from Rotary.
The following sessions were shared with the students:
- CLAP inauguration 8/2
- Writing skills: Justin, 8/9
- Accessibility training as a career: Pinky gupta, 8/16
- Preparing for competitive exams: Odeta Kapoor, 8/23
- Speaking skills: Priya, 8/30
- Creativity and problem solving: Dr. Shobha G., 9/6
- Conquering fear: Dr. Rajdeep Manwani, 9/13
- Applying gamification: Akash Ayyagari, 9/20
- Building your personal brand: Anandhi Viswanathan, 9/27
- Tackling Employment challenges: Ram Shan, 10/4
- Commodity trading as an investment: Dharmarajan Iyer, 10/11
- Time management tips and programming as a career: Balaji Varadharajan, 10/18
- Developing leadership skills: Madhu Singhal, 10/25
Some sessions had to be rescheduled as the speakers were infected by Covid-19. The valedictory function happened after the 12th session on the 25th of October, 2020. The students thoroughly enjoyed the sessions and were thrilled with the information that was provided. They are asking for even more of such programs.